Phone Scam Alert
There have been recent reports of customers receiving fraudulent phone calls from people claiming to be with McDougall Energy and asking for customer account and banking information.
Your privacy is important to us. Our team members may occasionally need to call customers for valid reasons, but we DO NOT:
- Ask for your banking information over the phone when we call you. We ask that you please DO NOT give out personal account or banking information if you didn’t initiate the call.
- Make customer calls after business hours for non-emergencies, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Demand immediate payment or threaten to discontinue services without immediate payment.
What to do if you receive a suspicious call claiming to be from McDougall Energy:
- Do not give out any personal information or banking details
- Ask for the name and phone number of the person calling and end the call
- Call us at 1-877-849-2588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include details of the call, as well as the caller’s name and phone number
- Report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
The privacy and safety of our customers is incredibly important to us, and we want to help protect our customers from fraudulent activity.