Together, we're protecting each other
Throughout COVID-19, McDougall Energy has maintained essential services to our home, business, dealer and retail customers by following strict health and safety measures. We are closely monitoring the ongoing public health situation and continue to prioritize the health and safety of our staff, customers, visitors, and suppliers by adhering to and exceeding recommended health and safety best practices.
Most of the communities we serve are now in stage three of reopening under the direction of provincial governments, and many have made face masks mandatory when entering enclosed public spaces. We ask that customers adhere to health and safety measures when visiting our retail sites and interacting with our employees to keep everyone safe.
Our offices and operational hubs remain closed to the public until further notice. To best serve our customers and offer peace of mind, our team continues working from home and are available by phone and email during regular office hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday), and emergency service after hours. Contact Us here.
Some steps we are taking to ensure everyone’s safety include:
- No unscheduled in-person visits
- Screening every customer before meetings, service calls or inspections by asking health and travel-related questions recommended by public health organizations
- Maintaining a safe distance (> 2m/6 feet) at all times
- Clearly defined sanitation and hygiene protocols are required when entering a customers’ home
- Calling home customers before arrival to review the safe work plan and confirm expected arrival time; upon arrival, greeting customers by phone or from outside to indicate presence.
- All customers entering our retail facilities (gas stations and convenience stores) are required to wear a face-covering/mask as directed by local public health units
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at our service counters to protect customers and employees when interacting with each other
- Enhanced cleaning and scheduled sanitation in place for retail facilities and pump areas
- Wearing approved personal protective equipment as required (i.e. if physical distancing is not possible)
- Avoiding handshakes and physical contact
- Limiting the sharing of equipment and material
Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to help keep everyone safe and ensure we can continue to provide essential services to you when you need it most.