The No Run Out Program applies only to those fuel oil and propane customers enrolled in McDougall Energy’s Automatic Delivery Service.
The Program shall become null and void and McDougall Energy shall be released of any and all obligations therein, in the following circumstances:
- If the customer’s primary source of heat had been changed from fuel oil or propane to an alternate source of heat, at any time during the customer’s enrollment in the Automatic Delivery Service;
- If the customer fails to pay for fuel or propane within the agreed upon payment period and the customer’s account has been suspended;
- If the customer’s historical consumption pattern had been substantially altered, for whatever reason, without first providing McDougall Energy notice of such change. Examples include, but are not limited to, the addition or removal of an appliance, extracting fuel from an existing tank for other purposes and/or changes to use of the customer’s premises or the number of occupants in the customer’s premises;
- If delivery by McDougall is prevented by an act of God, strike, flood, fire, embargo, insurrection, unavoidable accident, shortage of labour or material, government decree or any other cause reasonably beyond its control including, but not limited to, shortage of crude oil, fuel oil or propane. In the event of said shortages, McDougall Energy reserves the right to allocate supply as it deems necessary, in its sole discretion, amongst its customers, itself and its subsidiaries.
- If actions taken by the customer are determined by McDougall Energy, in its sole discretion, to have been the cause of or substantially contributed to a run out situation.
Note: Every heating system must have an inspection completed as required by law. Delivery may be suspended should the inspection certificate not be on file or if any code deficiencies are found during the inspection. Automatic delivery may be cancelled should there be any code deficiency within any portion of the home heating system, until such time as the deficiency has been corrected to T.S.S.A. standards or an inspection has been completed by an approved technician, McDougall Energy shall not be in default of its obligation should a run out occur during the period of suspension.
*This Program and McDougall Energy’s obligations hereunder are subject to those terms and conditions noted above.